A new report developed by the SWANA Applied Research Foundation (ARF) addresses two important questions associated with the landfill disposal of waste:
- How to manage landfills following the post-closure care period?
- How will their associated costs be paid?
The full report, The Long-Term Management of Closed MSW Landfills Following the Post-Closure Care Period, addresses key issues around the long-term management of closed landfills following the 30-year post-closure care period required under current regulations.
- Efficacy of federal design standards
- Achieving and maintaining functional stability
- Financing of long-term management
The report is available free to ARF Foundation Disposal Group subscribers. The report will be available for purchase to SWANA members and the general public in January, 2022.
The Executive Summary to this report can be accessed by filling out the Contact Form.